The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in a multi-tasking environment with a willingness to “get the job done”. Must have the ability to work closely with digital editorial team.
News media experience showing a refined news judgment; strong skills in digital content production, including experience with a web CMS, video and other multimedia production methods; plus understanding of social media and its relationship with content and news analytics; solid editing and writing skills.
Experience with Wordpress a plus.
Strong self-editing skills.
Photoshop experience a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: Operate various equipment (audio, visual, graphics, lighting, digital) used for media production and/or transmission.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio.
* Collaborate with set designers to determine the needs of the production.
* Builds and decorates the set and/or provides props used for production.
* Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment.
* Operate studio graphic systems during broadcast/production.
* Provide audio production-related support as needed, and may work with outside production facilities.
* Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments.
* May convert analog recordings, film, or printed materials to digital format.
* Maintains and stores equipment, records and tapes.
* Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Experience in television, film, or post production preferred but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********