Posted: 10:42 AM, November 15, 2016
Updated: 10:42 AM, November 15, 2016
The Graham Media Group duopoly WJXT-TV and WCWJ-TV in Jacksonville, Florida is seeking a technically sophisticated manager with a history of innovative design, construction and implementation of industry leading Broadcast and IT practices to serve as Chief Engineer.
WJXT is the number one media outlet in Northeast Florida producing 65+ hours of live news and local programming per week along with the #1 rated local news website beating all other television stations and
the local newspaper. WCWJ is among the leading CW affiliates in the country with strong network programming and sharp focus on local programming and production.
The Chief Engineer will be an active hands-on manager overseeing a group of diverse Engineers with overall responsibilities for the ongoing operations, maintenance, budgeting and strategic planning of each station’s Broadcast Engineering & Operations, IT and Digital groups. You will report to the Stations’ General Manager.
The major areas of responsibility include
Broadcast Operations Center/Master Control, Technology support of all News and local production, Information Technology, Transmission, and Physical Plant.
You will collaborate with all departments on new technologies and workflow to enable high quality, fast-paced content creation and will lead the technical side of the pro-active vision for WJXT's digital experiences on all platforms.
Job Requirements, Skills & Abilities:
• 10+ years of leadership experience in the Broadcast/Digital Media industry.
• In-depth understanding of how a television station/media center works including maintenance and news production, studio operations, ENG/Field, file-based content creation/editing/transport, data networking/transport, and transmission.
• Ability to integrate new technologies into media operation for content development on multiple delivery platforms, such as broadcast, OTT & streaming.
• Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills with the ability to drive projects to completion.
• Proven experience as a team builder and leader that provides clear structure and managerial oversight of the department and its employees.
• Must have strong IT skills with a good understanding of IP based LAN, WAN and Cloud based systems.
• Must have strong media processing knowledge with a good understanding of SAN and NAS technology, NLE and transcoding systems.
College or technical undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent professional experience required. SBE certifications. familiarity with all applicable FCC, OSHA rules & regulations as well as recommended practices of SMPTE and ATSC will be considered.
Graham Media Group (GMG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen