Posted: 4:24 PM, September 15, 2016
Updated: 4:24 PM, September 15, 2016
WJXT, the Graham Media Group owned station in Jacksonville, FL, is seeking a highly-motivated journalist to join its web team as a full-time digital news editor.
The digital news editor (DNE) is responsible for creating and posting day-to-day content for News4JAX.com and social media platforms, including articles, images, videos, media galleries and other web-related projects. The position is also an integral part of our social media coverage, including posting and monitoring daily. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment and possess strong AP-style writing skills and technical knowledge. Strong communication skills are key because the DNE will be an advocate for News4JAX.com in the newsroom and beyond. Hours may include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• At least one year experience in online journalism, social media and SEO
• College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred
• Able to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment
• Strong AP-style writing and proofreading skills (candidate will take a writing test)
• Sound editorial judgment
• Proficient with digital tools similar to EndPlay management system, iNews newsroom system, image editing software and basic HTML.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of LOCATION
Graham Media Group (GMG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.