Job ID: 1755
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL US
WPBF 25, The Hearst Television station in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida is now interviewing candidates for a News Brand Producer. If you are a media professional with excellent writing, producing and social skills, we want to speak with you!
The News Brand Producer is a night-side position in the Creative Services Department responsible for bringing WPBF 25 News to life through compelling topical writing, editing and strategic conceptualization. You must be able to target the most promotable stories within a newscast and write effective topical messages to connect with South Florida viewers on multiple platforms. This role will also participate in social media marketing, station image and sweeps promotions. The ideal candidate is a skilled tease writer, photographer and editor. The News Brand Producer recognizes the importance of social media and can effectively communicate to and engage audiences. Additionally, the perfect candidate is highly innovative, a team-player, a self-starter and can change creative direction easily. Come work for Hearst Television, one of the nation’s most respected multimedia companies. Gain valuable experience, all the while living near the beach and enjoying the outdoors year-round in picturesque South Florida.
• Write, shoot, produce and edit attention grabbing topical promotions.
• Produce station positioning, news image, and digital platform branding spots.
• Proactively communicate with reporters, photographers, and management.
• Use the station’s social media and digital platforms to drive awareness, viewing and audience engagement.
• Think strategically to build the WPBF 25 News brand.
• Edit using Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere.
• Deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive deadlines without compromising.
• Take a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contribute to the creative process.
• Be a strong communicator with effective time management skills and attention for detail.
• Work flexible hours and occasional weekends.
• Make strategic, clear, and timely decisions when a manager is not available.
• Work seamlessly and interact professionally with all station departments.
• Excellent writing, shooting, and non-linear editing ability.
• Experience with ENPS and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Drive company vehicles if necessary (Valid Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Record Check required)
• College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• No beginners. Media professionals only.
• Minimum two years’ experience at a broadcast TV station or cable network in a similar role.
• Proven writing, shooting and editing skills in the development of original marketing with a focus on afternoon and primetime news topical promotion