Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/15/2017
WTSP, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Tampa, FL is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising multimedia anchor/reporter. The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. This candidate must be connected to the community, fully understand the market and connect with the audience on all platforms: TV, social, mobile and online.
• Anchor weekday newscasts
• Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
Motivated and aggressive about enterprising stories and advance the station’s mission of "Holding the Powerful Accountable"
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the web sites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
• Collaborate with America’s finest photojournalists to produce the most creative, compelling stories.
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with minimum five years’ experience as an anchor in a medium to large market.
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Strong social media presence
Shooting and editing skills a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.