# of Openings: 1
Department: Digital Sales
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets.
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Sales Specialist will be responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. Our Digital Sales Specialist will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
• Consistently prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
• Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
• Package, present and sell WVUE digital products to meet sales goals.
• Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing.
• Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
• Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers.
• Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
• Consistently achieve high activity levels in new business development to grow market share.
• Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
• Report routinely to the DDM on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
• Experience in communicating audience based marketing solutions.
• Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
• Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
• Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
• Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
• Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to drive initiatives for change.
• Competitive personality and transactional sales skills a must.
• Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
• A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
• Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel and the internet is essential.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line by submitting your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug testing and Motor vehicle record required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V