News for WESH/WKCF-TV
Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Florida
posted on February 26, 2017
Job ID: 1905
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Job Category: Digital
WESH is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Other duties as required
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• College Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
want to apply for this job?
expires on 04/27/2017