Responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
• Gathers and verifies factual information for stories through interviews, observation and research.
• Generates creative story ideas daily based on the station's brand and strategic plan.
• Writes, edits and organizes stories for live reports, taped interviews or online.
• Works cooperatively with photographer on assignment.
• Edits video and posts stories on multimedia platforms
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 1 - 3 years experience
Skills & Abilities
• Computer literate, including newsroom computer systems
• Videography and non-linear editing experience
• Edit video on various editing systems
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various platforms
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Employees work outdoors and may not be protected from weather conditions.
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.