Digital Executive Producer
WTVF, NewsChannel 5 Network, the E.W. Scripps' owned TV station in Nashville, TN is currently looking for a dynamic, high energy Digital Executive Producer (EP) to join a winning team, the Scripps owned affiliate in Nashville, TN, is seeking an experienced and creative digital leader. Qualified applicants must be proficient in AP style, know how to write for the web and on-air, as well as handle social media accounts. Innovation is another must. Candidates must be able to grow and engage our digital audience across all platforms in new and exciting ways. If you are a creative leader and thrive in an urgent breaking news and team environment, we need to hear from you! We are looking for the best of the best!
• Oversee all content on local news and information web sites
• Supervise the daily work of new media content producers and developers
• Work in conjunction with news management to coordinate the daily news operations for websites and other new media platforms
• Daily monitor web analytics to assess user experience, site stickiness and engagement Address issues and evolve the site's tactical execution plan to grow web page views and unique visitors
• Produce the sites' content to optimize the user experience by being attentive to live web metrics and UE best practices
• Enhance the news content with outside links, maps and slideshows
• Work with news management to set up processes and systems for the migration of multi-media content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics
• Set news and new media staff expectations and hold teams accountable for meeting goals
• Plan the online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online
• Conceive of and supervise the build of special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement
• With the editorial direction of the Director of New Media and News Director, responsible for the management of user-generated content on the sites
• Responsible for content plans for niche sites, sales-oriented micro sites and any other business. Work closely with other station departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and station initiatives that require content integration
• Perform other duties as needed and directed
Education & Experience/Certifications
• BS/BA in related discipline required.
• 2 plus years' experience producing, managing and showcasing online content required
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to serve and contribute as member of newsroom management team
• Ability to communicate clearly and be a champion for digital media initiatives
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced newsroom environment strongly preferred
• People and project leadership/management experience strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of online content-management systems required
• Experience working with online metrics and analytics preferred
Normal work environment.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.