Engineering / Technician
Technician for WDSU-TV
New Orleans, Louisiana
posted on March 08, 2017
Job ID: 1995
Position Type: Part-Time
WDSU- has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications
• College Degree preferred but not required or equivalent work experience
• Should have 2+ years of experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment
want to apply for this job?
expires on 05/06/2017