Master Control Operator
Engineer for WTVF
posted on March 13, 2017
The Master Control Operator II is responsible for operating the Master Control switcher, manning proper audio and video levels and overseeing our channels air performance and accuracy resulting in a quality on air shift.
• Responsible for observing and recording transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary.
• Aligning satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
• Back-timing and adjusting all \"On Air\" material to ensure that when a show is started, it will end at a pre-determined time using automation.
• Dub commercials into video servers with proper audio and video levels.
• Operation of all Master Control equipment. Responsible for switching and verification of commercials and program material to air with correct audio and video levels; any associated keys or EAS material. Maintain all required program logs.
• Loading and playing back pre-recorded programs, public service announcements and news material.
• Recording programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
• Responsible for on air switching of all programs, commercials, promotions and Public Service Announcements.
• Operation of audio board and all associated audio equipment.
• Tuning in satellite and ENG remotes.
• Loading programs on videotape machines and server based equipment, adjusting audio and video levels for proper playback.
• Operating Crispin automation equipment, MC Switcher and Transmitter Remote Control (analog and digital).
• Monitoring transmitter remote control equipment and take appropriate action as needed.
• Reading various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining in a neat and orderly manner the transmitter and microwave and station logs in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of operating a Master Control switcher in a television station or equivalent experience in a video production facility.
• Six (6) months prior commercial television experience.
• One (1) year of commercial television experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Master Control.
• Ability to operate and have working knowledge of various videotape machines, video servers, scopes and switchers.
• Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
• Knowledge of machine playback from a variety of tape formats.
• Must have experience with automation systems.
• Must be a person who is organized, accurate, detail oriented and plans ahead under exact and immediate deadlines.
• Good mathematic skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Ability to sit for long period of time
• Ability to lift 20 pounds.
• Must be able to reach overhead.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.
want to apply for this job?
expires on 05/12/2017