The Master Control Operator II is responsible for operating the Master Control switcher, manning proper audio and video levels and overseeing our channels air performance and accuracy resulting in a quality on air shift.
• Responsible for observing and recording transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary.
• Aligning satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
• Back-timing and adjusting all \"On Air\" material to ensure that when a show is started, it will end at a pre-determined time using automation.
• Dub commercials into video servers with proper audio and video levels.
• Operation of all Master Control equipment. Responsible for switching and verification of commercials and program material to air with correct audio and video levels; any associated keys or EAS material. Maintain all required program logs.
• Loading and playing back pre-recorded programs, public service announcements and news material.
• Recording programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
• Responsible for on air switching of all programs, commercials, promotions and Public Service Announcements.
• Operation of audio board and all associated audio equipment.
• Tuning in satellite and ENG remotes.
• Loading programs on videotape machines and server based equipment, adjusting audio and video levels for proper playback.
• Operating Crispin automation equipment, MC Switcher and Transmitter Remote Control (analog and digital).
• Monitoring transmitter remote control equipment and take appropriate action as needed.
• Reading various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining in a neat and orderly manner the transmitter and microwave and station logs in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of operating a Master Control switcher in a television station or equivalent experience in a video production facility.
• Six (6) months prior commercial television experience.
• One (1) year of commercial television experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Master Control.
• Ability to operate and have working knowledge of various videotape machines, video servers, scopes and switchers.
• Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
• Knowledge of machine playback from a variety of tape formats.
• Must have experience with automation systems.
• Must be a person who is organized, accurate, detail oriented and plans ahead under exact and immediate deadlines.
• Good mathematic skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Ability to sit for long period of time
• Ability to lift 20 pounds.
• Must be able to reach overhead.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.