The Master Control Operator II is responsible for operating the Master Control switcher, manning proper audio and video levels and overseeing our channels air performance and accuracy resulting in a quality on air shift.
- Responsible for observing and recording transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary.
- Aligning satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
- Back-timing and adjusting all "On Air" material to ensure that when a show is started, it will end at a pre-determined time using automation.
- Dub commercials into video servers with proper audio and video levels.
- Operation of all Master Control equipment. Responsible for switching and verification of commercials and program material to air with correct audio and video levels; any associated keys or EAS material. Maintain all required program logs.
- Loading and playing back pre-recorded programs, public service announcements and news material.
- Recording programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
- Responsible for on air switching of all programs, commercials, promotions and Public Service Announcements.
-Operation of audio board and all associated audio equipment.
- Tuning in satellite and ENG remotes.
- Loading programs on videotape machines and server based equipment, adjusting audio and video levels for proper playback.
- Operating Crispin automation equipment, MC Switcher and Transmitter Remote Control (analog and digital).
- Monitoring transmitter remote control equipment and take appropriate action as needed.
- Reading various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining in a neat and orderly manner the transmitter and microwave and station logs in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of operating a Master Control switcher in a television station or equivalent experience in a video production facility.
- Six (6) months prior commercial television experience.
- One (1) year of commercial television experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Master Control.
- Ability to operate and have working knowledge of various videotape machines, video servers, scopes and switchers.
- Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
- Knowledge of machine playback from a variety of tape formats.
- Must have experience with automation systems.
- Must be a person who is organized, accurate, detail oriented and plans ahead under exact and immediate deadlines.
- Good mathematic skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to sit for long period of time
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.