Fort Wayne, IN
Requisition #: 153089
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Pub Date: 3/13/17
Responsible for promoting and selling Comcast products and services to both new and existing customers while engaging with them in a retail store location. Communicate effectively with customers to inform them of the features, benefits, and use of all products and services. Educate and assist them on their purchase decision and offer the best possible technology solution to meet their needs. Explain and illustrate the advantages of their purchase decision and place an order on their behalf while they are inside the retail store. Demonstrate strong customer-focused service, both on and off the sales floor, and transform every customer interaction into a positive customer experience. Provide effective collaboration with other Comcast employee's and exhibit strong skills in the areas of relationship- building and sales presentation. The Sales Consultant will engage customers in a retail location and drive sales of Comcast's services including digital video, HDTV, high speed internet, home security, and digital telephone services. Responsibilities include educating, exciting, and assisting consumers by helping them understand the benefit of these services and selling the best possible solution to meet their needs. A successful Sales Consultant will be able to communicate these advantages to consumers and place an order on their behalf at a designated location.
- Provide strong understanding and enthusiasm around technology, especially around Comcast products and services. Maintain detailed sales product knowledge, including competitive information.
- Provide superior customer service with all customer interactions. Evaluate customers' potential product needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Utilize retention techniques to proactively retain existing customers from canceling service.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas in an accountability-based culture.
- Manage store inventory, process equipment transactions, and handle high volumes of cash and other payment activity with a focus of maximizing the customer experience.
- Work in a fast paced, high-volume environment and, where applicable, cover multiple store locations throughout the operating area; may be asked to travel to other Customer Service Centers to offer additional support.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Apply consultative sales techniques to identify opportunities to upgrade existing customer accounts.
- Evaluate customer's potential product needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas in accountability based culture.
- Must be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and integrity, and maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Maintain punctual attendance and flexibility to cover multiple locations throughout the operating area.
- Ability to successfully adapt to a changing environment while working within a team is an integral part of the high-energy and enthusiastic retail culture.
- Experience in entertainment technologies, wireless or consumer electronics preferred.
- Stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must exhibit a high skill in areas of communication, relationship building, organization, sales presentation and time management.
- Occasionally lift and carry loads of 25 lbs or more.
- Travels to other Service Centers within system to provide necessary support
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 1 year of Sales experience
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer