News for WPTA
Ft Wayne, Indiana
posted on March 17, 2017
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 4:50 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 16, 2017 4:50 PM EDT
WPTA-TV in Fort Wayne, Indiana is a highly successful, legacy station that has a truly rare opportunity for an energetic and creative meteorologist/multi-media journalist.
We’re seeking someone with the knowledge and communication skills to enhance coverage on ABC21 “Your Weather Authority.” This candidate should be able to do more than forecasting; they must tell a compelling weather story every day. They also need to be ready to react in a moment’s notice to severe weather. Candidates must have a proven track record of accurate forecasting with a skillful presentation. Familiarity with WSI Max and with Midwest weather patterns a plus.
The person we hire will have a record of aggressively using social media to engage and respond to our community and one who uses that engagement on multiple broadcast platforms, through social media and online. In addition, the candidate will be a capable multi-media journalist to be able to handle any news situation. This is a full-time position that requires flexibility to work weekends, nights, mornings and special weather coverage.
* On-air presentation of weekend morning weathercasts
* Responsible for supporting weekday meteorologists during severe weather
* Responsible for filling-in for weekday meteorologists
* Post text, pictures and videos to digital / social media platforms
* Participate in station community related partnerships
Requires / Qualifications
* College degree in meteorology preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Great attitude, team player, newsroom and community leader
* Rich with ideas for coverage
Submit your cover letter and resume with references, plus online links to your work to Jshelley@wpta21.com and indicate in your cover letter how you learned of the job.
WPTA is part of the QMI Broadcast Group, a family owned company. Throughout QMI, positions are available for candidates with all levels of experience and the advancement you are seeking. Visit www.CareersAtQuincy.com for links to all stations and opportunities
WPTA-TV provides a competitive compensation and benefits plan
WPTA-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
want to apply for this job?
expires on 05/13/2017