Reporter, News Anchor - (3799)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn. Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Job Title Reporter, News Anchor
Education Bachelor's Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location Nexstar - WVNS - Ghent, WV 25843 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
Job Description Position Summary:
The WVNS TV Reporter/News Anchor collects, analyzes and presents fact about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation, and presents news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information via research, interviews, and experience; attends political, news, sports, social, and other functions.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Pitches stories to News Managers and Producers, which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms; edits video clips as assigned.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum one year of experience preferred in news reporting and anchoring or excellent growth potential.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to ad-lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence both in the studio and live locations.
• Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local/national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
• Receptive to coaching, able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work different hours and shifts.
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WVNS-TV and Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
WVNS-TV is an equal opportunity employer.