Degree - 4 Year Degree
Job ID: 3045/2387
First Coast News (WTLV/WJXX TV), is looking for a digital producer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will produce original content for First Coast News that will reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets.
The successful candidate is innovative with strong social media experience combined with solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. More important, the person we hire will want to win.
• Post stories to First Coast News online Digital-Mobile-Social platforms
• Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media experience
• Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other online news sources and post them to firstcoastnews.com
• Email the newsroom about all news that comes into the building during your shift
• Post photos to firstcoastnews.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Scour the Internet for viral/sharable stories to post on firstcoastnews.com
• Two years' experience working as a digital producer preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.