Digital Content Producer
Content Development for KMOV
St Louis, Missouri
posted on March 29, 2017
Digital Content Producer
The Digital Content Producer is a corporate position responsible for generating digital content in line with the Meredith Local Media Groupís business goals and objectives. We are looking for a news hound with exceptional skills for telling compelling stories through text, video and graphics across all digital platforms. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who beats deadlines and the competition, handles pressure and strives to be first and best with the story. This position requires an individual capable of merging legacy journalistic standards with the latest news, mobile and social trends to create engaging content for millions of users across the Meredith network.
Essential Job Functions
40% - Produces, posts and manages scalable digital content around breaking news for use across the Meredith Local Media Groupís mobile, social and web platforms.
40% - Work closely with Meredith properties in planning, creating and distributing content across various platforms for a variety of purposes.
20% - Participate in the development and execution of local audience building initiatives for Meredith properties.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelorís Degree or equivalent training and/or work experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of producing digital news content
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to tell a story in the most relevant and appropriate form across multiple platforms.
Identify, aggregate and share content from local Meredith properties that has relevance across the Meredith network.
- Skills and savvy to create and position social content for the greatest reach and greatest potential to extend the Meredith brands and drive audience back to core mobile and web sites.
- Ability to see the future or identify relevant, trending topics before they go viral.
- A creative eye for pairing visual, text and video images into compelling content.
- Proficient in the use of text, image and video editing programs.
- Works well in a group setting, a team player, but also a self-starter when working alone.
- Strong sense of judgment, sensibility and brand awareness when engaging users from across the country.
- Stays up to date with the latest social and industry trends with the ability to adapt to new opportunities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HTML plus.
- Availability to work all shifts, including weekends.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5%
want to apply for this job?
expires on 05/13/2017