Meteorologist - WTVF- Part-Time #12860
The meteorologist is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate weather reports for the newscasts.
• Prepare and deliver daily weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers
• Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary
• Prepare and deliver all weathercast materials over a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: TV, Radio, Internet, Newspaper
• Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers
• Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
• Report live from event sites or mobile broadcast unit.
• Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar editing equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Valid driver's license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.