WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Producer to work in our Huntsville, Alabama, location.
The Producer will develop an overall style and identify for their assigned newscast with a keen focus on building the station’s brand “Taking Action, Getting Results”. This position will successfully produce one or more newscasts a day.
• Write, fact check, manage and approve content and teases for air; select graphics that explain and showcase stories and reinforce station branding; copy editing
• Develop newscast content by researching and suggesting innovative story ideas; understand viewer audience; collaborate with news team to select stories for coverage
• Execute newscasts with minimal errors and meet deadlines; oversee quality control of newscast while in booth
• Write and post content for station website and social media platforms
• Respond to breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 1-2 years previous news producing experience
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
WHNT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also apply through www.tribunemedia.com/careers.