Job ID: 1755
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WPBF 25, The Hearst Television station in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida is now interviewing Promotions Writer/Producer candidates. If you are a media professional with exceptional writing, producing and social skills, we want to talk to you!
This is a night-side position in the Creative Services Department responsible for bringing the WPBF 25 News brand to life through compelling topical writing, editing and strategic conceptualization. You must be able to identify the most promotable stories within a newscast and write effective topical messages to connect with South Florida viewers on multiple platforms. This team member recognizes the importance of social media and can effectively communicate to and engage audiences. The Writer/Producer will also participate in social media marketing and sweeps promotions. The ideal candidate is highly innovative, a self-starter and can change creative direction easily. Come work for Hearst Television, one of America’s most respected multimedia companies. Gain valuable experience, all the while living near the beach and enjoying the outdoors year-round in beautiful South Florida!
• Write, shoot, produce and edit attention grabbing topical promotions.
• Use the station’s social media and digital platforms to drive awareness, viewing and audience engagement.
• Produce promotion for targeted sweeps stories and digital platforms.
• Edit using Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere.
• Deal with the challenges of time-sensitive deadlines without compromising.
• Communicate effectively with reporters, photographers, and managers.
• Take a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contribute to the creative process.
• Be a strong communicator with effective time management skills and attention for detail.
• Make strategic, clear, and timely decisions when a manager is not available.
• Work flexible hours and occasional weekends.
• Excellent writing, shooting, and non-linear editing ability.
• Experience with ENPS and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Drive company vehicles if necessary (Valid Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Record Check required)
• College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Media professionals only.
• Minimum two years’ experience at a broadcast TV station or cable network in a similar role.
• Proven writing, shooting and editing skills in the development of original marketing with a focus on news topical promotion.