Objective: The Development Assistant will be a key member of the WEDU Development team. This staffer will play a vital role in support to the revenue departments in capital, endowment, planned giving, events and major gifts activities through coordination of records, correspondence and assigned administrative duties to effectively and efficiently reach the targeted goals for each of the revenue areas for the department and the organization as a whole.
Reports to: Sr. VP of Development
1. Seeks at all times to promote the case for support of WEDU throughout the region.
2. Performs daily record maintenance in WEDU’s database system. Team Approach – including but not limited to donor updates, changes and additions.
3. Fully develops planned giving module in Team Approach, including the listing of professionals who work with planned giving.
4. Integrates selected prospect research data into team approach.
5. Coordinates major donor renewal mailings including gift entry, acknowledgements and tracking.
6. Coordinates data for special appeals, events and mailings that are specific to the project.
7. Works with membership on tracking money entry, record keeping and benefit profiles for all major donors, capital donors and endowment donors. Work with other data input staff and business office to ensure accurate accounting of gifts and all donor records.
8. Sees that all major donor acknowledgements and benefits are received by the donors in a timely fashion. Perform telephone coverage for any benefits questions.
9. Works with special events for a timely follow-up of attendees and immediate cultivation of potential major donors.
10. Provides support to all station events, including but not limited to – reservations, on site check in, data entry and staffing at events.
11. Manages all data and other administrative/secretarial work as required to successfully and effectively track and maintain the development program and its growth, including thanking and recognizing donors.
12. Provides coverage of Reception Desk daily for lunch hour and as needed. (i.e. Wednesday Membership meetings or TA bite sessions.)
13. Backup administrative duties as needed for other departments.
14. Handles all ‘customer service’ related calls and requests, such as dub requests, etc.
15. Assists with Foundation grant applications by maintaining foundation timelines, research and providing copies and assembly of packets of material.
16. Assists with monthly mailings and periodic mailings as requested.
17. Schedules appointments and tours for major donors.
18. Maintains development department calendar.
19. Schedules and records notes for development committee meetings.
20. Develops monthly e-newsletter to send to Broadcast Circle donors.
21. Adheres to the safety and security policies of the station.
22. Performs any other duties as assigned.
• 2 years college in related field preferred.
• 2-5 years Administrative experience
• Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
• Experience in MS Office Suite.
• Word, Outlook, Excel and specifically mail merge knowledge are essential skills.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong, accurate data entry and multi-tasking skills.