Canvass Field Manager
Administrative for WEDU
Tampa-St Petersburg-Sarasota, Florida
posted on April 16, 2017
Objective: Implement a strategic field plan with specific fundraising goals to increase revenue and build membership for WEDU, especially sustainer revenue, through engaging citizens at their door with a team of canvassers.
Reports to: Canvass Director
1. Field Work: Canvass full time; minimum 4 times per week. Perform regular quality control field check-ins with staff members. Regularly provide in-field training and logistical support for new and existing staff.
2. Training: Attend weekly management trainings to build leadership skills. Assist with daily briefings.
3. Office Culture: Collaborate to develop a positive and goal-oriented culture in the office. Set positive example of professional, enthusiastic attitude and consistent performance of for staff. Work with Canvass Director to delegate responsibilities and engage the talents of team members effectively.
4. Administration: Assist with turf selection for the team.Track mileage, hours, materials and expenses. Collect and analyze data as it relates to daily and weekly operations. Ensure the maintenance, management, and security of donor and organizational data.
5. Staff Management: Help build a team where everyones at their best. Manage the strategic learning goals of canvasser training programs. Conduct analysis of daily operations and provide effective feedback to deliver maximum performance.
6. Perform any other duties as assigned.
7. Maintain excellent internal and external communications, both verbally and in writing.
Two years of college or equivalent education/experience
A record of success with door-to-door and/or street fundraising
Minimum 1 year management experience
Ability to effectively manage and motivate a team of diverse individuals.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Comfortable with some irregular hours, evening hours, and occasional weekends.
Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Proficient with Microsoft Office program including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Environment and Physical Demands: Ability to walk outside for up to 5 hours per shift.Ability to work in inclement weather conditions year round. Ability to carry all canvasing equipment and materials while walking on turf. 30% office and 70% outdoors.
want to apply for this job?
expires on 06/15/2017