• Employee Type:Full-Time
• Location:Tampa, FL
• Job Type:Media - Journalism - Newspaper
• Experience:Not Specified
• Date Posted:5/2/2017
The Great Day Tampa Bay Show Producer is responsible for executing all aspects of the show’s broadcast and social media efforts as directed by the Great Day Tampa Bay Executive Producer. The Show Producer works with the Executive Producer to create timely and relevant content that attracts and sustains an audience of men and women between the ages of 25 and 54. To that end, the Show Producer maintains the show’s segment calendar with an eye toward stacking shows that feature content that fits within the show’s brand and engages the audience. The Show Producer works directly with guests, guests’ agents and, as it pertains to sponsored content, members of the 10 News sales team to develop show content in a complete, accurate and timely manner. Guest management and show content duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Clearly setting guests’ expectations of the segment development process and live show experience
• Creating segment copy and graphic elements that accurately and efficiently convey guests’ communications objectives
• Participating in and engaging Great Day staff and production crew members during pre-and post show meetings to ensure that all parties understand the goals of produced segments
• Working with the 10 News production staff as the show’s Line Producer to creatively and accurately execute content as planned
• Stays up to date on daily entertainment, social media trends and community happenings
• Creating complementary and compelling guest content for show’s website and Facebook page
• Creating, daily, a one hour program that is compelling, entertaining, and on-brand.
Additionally, the Show Producer works with the Executive Producer and on-air team to develop and implement pre-produced content that engages our target audience. These duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Producing, shooting and editing field packages, VO’s, and other content as assigned.
• Follows Executive Producer’s lead on social media strategies, to include creation of extra material from all in-studio and field elements for show’s web page, Facebook page, Twitter, etc.
• Suggesting, developing and implementing timely show franchises
The show’s Social Media presence is just as important as the on-air product. To that end, the Show Producer is responsible for working with the Executive Producer on all aspects of the show’s social engagement. These duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Working with the Executive Producer to achieve the show’s Facebook audience goals, through strategic content, the promotion of upcoming guests, etc.
• Ensuring that all entities connected with the show are liked through Facebook
• Creation of extra material from all in-studio and field elements for show’s web page, Facebook page, Twitter, etc.
• Creating and sourcing relevant Facebook and other social media content that features at-large entertainment and lifestyle content
Other duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the station’s Creative Services department as needed.
• College degree preferred
• 2-5 years relative experience
• Broadcasting experience
• Excellent Communication and attention to detail
• Proficiency with ENPS, Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365 preferred
• Agility and flexibility in a fast-pasted environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.