TEGNA owned WTSP 10 has an excellent opportunity for a talented Executive Producer. Applicants must have major, breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. This position requires leadership, solid decision making skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic newsroom environment. Candidates must have social media experience and leadership in the digital content areas. Candidates must also be skilled at infusing mission of "Holding the Powerful Accountable" into all newscasts.
This position is responsible for managing various newscasts at WTSP, including planning, story selection, and execution of daily newscasts.
• Plans coverage, story selection and ensures effective delivery of daily newscasts.
• Manages the daily performance of Producers and their shows. Supports producers by providing editorial skills, copy editing, and creative production and storytelling skills.
• Works with reporters on story concepts to execution.
• Participates in daily editorial meetings.
• 5 years television producing experience; College degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in creative content production
• Excellent people management skills.
• Digital content skills social platform
• Strong communication skills, conflict management and customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills in a fast paced environment and deadline driven environment.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.