KRQE Media Group is searching for a talented Multimedia Journalist . The MMJ produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear,
engaging and meaningful to KRQE news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation,
following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate
pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in
order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or
attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to
obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity
and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other E-Media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an
equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad
lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and
other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to
sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and
memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make
decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of
co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in
all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled
conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up
and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control
or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may
be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To view more information about the requisition, or to apply please click
on the action link below:
You may also forward your web link to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you will need to apply through the Nexstar website before being considered for the position. The application deadline is open until the position has been filled.
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
This fax or email has been sent using the services provided by Broadcast1Source. If you want to change your contact details, please email Erika Gonzales at email@example.com