WTHI-TV is seeking an experienced Producer to join our award-winning team. We're a smaller market station, but we take news seriously. We're a dominant #1 station with great resources and a long tradition of success.
JOB SUMMARY: The producer delivers and contributes accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
• Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast or on-line publication.
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
• Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
• Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
• Detail oriented; proficient in non-linear editing.
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in non-linear editing.
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute + 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
About Heartland Media:
Heartland Media offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k) contribution plan for eligible employees.