Univision WLTV 23 is seeking a part time Assignment Editor that can continuously plan and execute news coverage, direct crews, write and post content, pictures and video to the web and other platforms. Monitor news wires, scanners and other sources of information to cover breaking news. Able to handle special projects and series assignments as needed. Must be able to handle multiple tasks, work in a high paced environment and meet deadlines. Candidate must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, early mornings and holidays as needed.
• College Degree preferred. BS/BA in Journalism, Communications or related field a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Newsroom experience in a major TV market preferred.
• Computer Skills (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Avid, INTERPLAY and INews a plus).
• Ability to research public records as needed.