KRQE News 13, an aggressive and growing news organization in Albuquerque, NM seeks a full-time news editor.
JOB SUMMARY: The Editor
integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as
well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or
* Prepare, rewrite, and edit stories.
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on
video elements of newscasts.
* Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and
daily newscasts as needed.
* Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and
accurate news stories.
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation
with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital
publishing applications and multimedia production software.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and
dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and
entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: A Bachelorís degree in
Journalism, Communication, or English. A minimum of two years prior experience as news editor.
Training/Equipment: Operate design and
multimedia production software, as well as control board.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position
requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress
environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work varied shifts.
NOTE: This job description
contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a
complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****