Coolfire Studios is seeking candidates for an open Production Accountant position in St. Louis. The position requires a candidate that is highly self-motivated, possesses outstanding problem-solving skills, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. The position will essentially allow the successful candidate to create and run their own new set of books, under the supervision of our CFO, as each of our television shows is selected by a national network to go into production. The position is primarily focused on accounting but also requires elements of contracts, human resources, vendor relations, and regulatory compliance.
A. Assist the producer in the preparation and vetting of the budget for the production to be delivered to a national television network.
B. Set up and management of accounting systems for new television productions as they begin pre-production, typically in QuickBooks or an industry specific application.
C. Day-to- day management of the business aspects of television productions including:
1. Onboarding new employees through third-party payroll providers
2. Manage the process of obtaining properly completed Independent Contractor and other legal agreements
3. Managing the collection of time sheets and insure the timely processing of the production’s payroll
4. Managing the petty cash funds and insuring proper receipts are obtained for all expenditures
5. Maintain positive relationships with vendors by insuring that vendor information is properly collected and maintained and that all bills are paid on a timely basis.
6. Serve as liaison with procurement team
7. Insure that all expenditures are in keeping with scope of project
D. Reporting the progress and results of the production including:
1. Managing cash flow
2. Provide weekly cash reports
3. Reporting progress and costs to date against the established timeline and budget for the production.
4. Preparing, in conjunction with the producer, the estimated costs to complete and reporting that cost against the timeline and total budget for the production.
5. Preparation and review of monthly and / or weekly financial statements
1. Meticulous bookkeeping and accounting skills with strong motivation to keep the accounting records current.
2. Problem-solving skills are necessary as often problems develop and require immediate resolution in this type of workplace.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
4. A proven track record with strong references from former employers.
5. Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Word.
1. Experience in office management in a small business
2. A working knowledge of the television and commercial video production industry.
3. A working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
4. Experience in the television and commercial video production industry
5. A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
6. Experience in having sole responsibility for a company’s accounting records
7. A working knowledge of third party production accounting packages such as ShowBiz, Entertainment Partners’ SmartAccounting, MediaWeb, etc.
Coolfire is a full-service entertainment production company headquartered in St. Louis. Since 2002, we’ve been trusted by some of the biggest brands, agencies and television networks to create content that is persuasive, imaginative and unforgettable. We produce studio and on-location productions large and small, from L.A. sound stages to remote locations worldwide. We are nimble, precise and unequivocally forward thinking while we ride the ever-changing wave of digital media.