Job Title Photographer, News
Education Bachelor's Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location Nexstar - WCMH - Columbus, OH 43202 US (Primary)
Job Type Part-time
The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots video for news reports.
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
• Maintains video equipment.
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SUMMARY: The News Photographer/Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
* Prepare, rewrite, and edit stories.
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
* Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
* Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
* Ability to shoot news stories in the field.
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in Web and Social Media
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate design and multimedia production software. Proficient in operating various digital cameras and non-linear editing equipment. Operational knowledge of social and web platforms.
Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work varied shifts.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.