WSAZ is looking for a full-time producer who can a make newscast unique and memorable on this dominant #1 station. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be an excellent writer, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to coordinate field anchoring opportunities as well as live coverage of special events, run the assignment desk and post stories to our station’s website.
• Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Required to write copy and edit video into newscast and web formats
• Ensure content of each newscast is clear, concise and easily understandable by our viewers
• Responsible for determining story lineup and timing for each story or segment of newscast
• Work with anchors and reporters on story selection, writing and enterprise pieces.
• Work with news team and production department for on-air promotion
• Must be able to develop and enterprise compelling stories that interest our viewers
• Present information on wsaz.com immediately and as updates become available.
• Work with director to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
• Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
• Develop good judgment and decision making skills by staying heavily involved in the daily news product
• Maintain ability to listen to requests and ideas, determine needs and develop realistic plans
• Must meet deadlines
• Participate in future planning
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BA in Journalism or related field preferred
• Must be able to work flexible days and hours
• Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
TELEVISIÓN GRIS PARTICIPA EN E-VERIFY
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.