TheNewsCenter is looking for a Weekend Multi-Media Journalist. Successful candidates will cover news in Parkersburg and the Mid-Ohio Valley. We are looking for candidates who are able to shoot & edit their own video, write news stories for newscasts and the web - both hard news and features. Candidates will use TVUs & a microwave LIVE truck. A willingness and ability to fill in on other shifts, including anchoring, is necessary. Finalists for the job must be able to demonstrate good writing and spelling skills. Candidates must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure. Interested candidates should send the link to reel and resume to Phillip.email@example.com and apply online at https://www.gray.tv/applynow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Shooting/editing daily content for newscasts, website, and social media
• Reports news stories for daily broadcasts
• Operating portable live unit, conducting live shots from the field
• Generating story ideas and building local contacts
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule depending on news events
• Obtaining information about news through research, interviews, experience, and / or attendance at local event functions
• Follows up on tips that lead to news stories
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management
• BS/BA in journalism or communications
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
** A link to candidate’s reel is required and should be included in the application **
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.