33 WYTV News is looking for an energetic, story-telling MMJ/anchor to join Youngstown's fastest-growing morning show. This is a unique, rare opportunity to mix feature reporting, fun segments and news of the day in a 2-hour show.
This position will enterprise, research and field anchor multiple feature, hard news or weather coverage segments during 33 News Daybreak each morning, then generate community-focused pieces later each day. This position will be the backup studio news anchor for Daybreak. This is not a beginner position. Successful candidates should have at least 1 year of experience on air in a commercial television station.
WYTV is an ABC affiliate. WYTV shares news gathering resources with WKBN, Youngstown’s top-rated newscast in every time period. We operate two control rooms, two studios and two sets of anchor teams every morning and evening.
You'll also get to live in a community with great food, great people and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns, Steelers, Pirates or Indians game in about an hour.
JOB SUMMARY: Researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Conflict management.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (1) one year experience as a multi-platform journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********