WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Digital Producer to work in our Huntsville location.
The Digital Producer will primarily focus on originating, supporting and maintaining a dynamic station website and social media platforms that will grow WHNT’s digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
· Create, write and manage online content for station websites and social media platforms
· Maintain awareness of local, national and international news and tease effectively
· Edit and post video content on multiple platforms
· Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
· Assist anchors, reporters and broadcast partners with website needs
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
· 1-2 years’ previous professional experience in social media and/or web including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram
· Previous online news experience preferred
· Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
· Strong understanding of social media platforms
· Basic understanding of video editing/production
· Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
WHNT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Candidates must also apply through www.tribunemedia.com/careers.