WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Producer to work in our Huntsville, Alabama, location.
The Producer will develop an overall style and identify for their assigned newscast with a keen focus on building the station’s brand “Taking Action, Getting Results.” This position will successfully produce one or more newscasts a day.
· Write, fact check, manage and approve content and teases for air; select graphics that explain and showcase stories and reinforce station branding; copy editing
· Develop newscast content by researching and suggesting innovative story ideas; understand viewer audience; collaborate with news team to select stories for coverage
· Execute newscasts with minimal errors and meet deadlines; oversee quality control of newscast while in booth
· Write and post content for station website and social media platforms
· Respond to breaking news with a sense of urgency
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
· 1-2 years previous news producing experience
· Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
WHNT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also apply through www.tribunemedia.com/careers.