Position: Sales / Research Assistant
Company: CBS Television Stations Group of Detroit
Station(s): WKBD-TV, WWJ-TV
Job Type: fulltime
Hours: Mon - Fri
Compensation: / year
The Sales/Research Assistant provides administrative support to the staff of the Sales Department. Duties include general research, clerical, and project-based work, with special focus in the areas of sales and research. The Sales Assistant projects a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinating, preparing, and finalizing materials necessary for sales presentations to clients and media departments of advertising agencies.
• Assists Research Director with creation of Research materials and presentations.
• Research new market opportunities using internal systems.
• Accurately entering and maintaining Sales TV orders, make-goods and revisions, pull spot detail reports for clients, and including file maintenance for Account Executives. Work with Traffic department to facilitate execution.
• Create one-sheets, re-capping Research success.
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as other internal software systems used in the Sales Dept.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: handling phone calls, filing, photocopying, presentations, faxing, mailing, and other administrative duties for Sales Managers and Account Executives.
• Support staff in assigned project based work.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, World Wide Web, and other related internet applications.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have strong written communication skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
• Requires good verbal communication with strong problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to learn, operate and use internal systems and other programs (WideOrbit, DARE, AE INBOX, E-PORT, KANTAR, WRAP, NIELSEN and Scarborough) for research purposes.
• Previous experience preferred.
• Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Prior experience as a Sales Assistant in a media-related field is a plus. Prior experience in research also a plus.
Qualified candidates please apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System which can be accessed at https://cbs.avature.net/cbstvscareers/JobDetail/Sales-Research-Assistant/9018. This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Please include a cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Date Available: 7/6/17