Are you ready for your next adventure?
Our sales team at Scripps is growing!
We are looking for innovative, passionate sales professionals to join our team. If you are interested in learning more, please complete your Scripps profile and one our recruiters will follow up with you.
Associate Account Executive
E.W. Scripps, a premier media organization is seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Associate Account Executive to join our Sales team. The successful candidate will have some sales experience. You would be assisting and gaining working knowledge of the various departments within the sales department.
Phase I - You will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• Local Sales -- Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions; make goods, preemptions, discrepancies and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing -- Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Nielsen ratings/products; learn use of ABC network systems.
• Traffic -- Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• Digital -- Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
Phase II - In the remaining months of the program, you will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in your role as a sales professional. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities, coordinating production efforts for new clients and executing post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital) and utilize research to position the station as a premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Self-motivated, creative and strong people skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Ability to work within a team framework are required
• A valid driver's license and proof of insurability
The E.W. Scripps Company serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media, over-the-top video news service Newsy and weather app developer WeatherSphere. Scripps also produces television shows including The List and The Now, runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer