KRQE Media Group a CBS Affiliate in Albuquerque, NM has an immediate opening for a Digital Executive Producer (DEP). The DEP reports to
the Digital Director with the role of owning the editorial presentation of our
digital properties. The DEP will manage the
digital content producers and have oversight of broadcast producers, reporters
and photographers. Newsroom workflow, task delegation and assignment
abilities are paramount. This position should be recognized by the level of urgency
brought to bear on the everyday digital execution of the brand.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and manage quality news content on all
- Assign tasks to digital content producers and other newsroom staff as
necessary (e.g., breaking news), ensuring production deadlines are met
- Hold reporters accountable for daily posting routines in the field
- Provide employee feedback on a continuous and regular basis (positive &
- Ensure content reflects brand across desktop and mobile
- Work in tandem with other News Directors & Managers
- Execute breaking news on all platforms including: apps, social media, email
- Develop and maintain new sections of the website as news coverage dictates
- Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, set priorities and plan coverage
for major events
- Manage social media – station staff posts and moderation of user comments
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of station, Company, the
FCC, and all other federal, state and local laws; ensuring content complies
with legal requirements concerning libel, slander and First Amendment laws
- Strategic thinker –Innovative, user-focused, creative and ready to take the
initiative to expand brand and services to new and emerging technologies
through online capabilities
- Well organized and long-term planner
- Proactive with strong leadership, motivational, & career development
- Supervise generation of digital in-depth coverage of the day
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills. and editorial judgment.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or equivalent
experience; plus 5 years experience in content management systems with strong
skills in editing video and images. Must have working knowledge of web
standards and protocols.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures.
Must be available to work irregular/odd hours, weekends and holidays, and be on
call to cover major events 24 hours a day. Position may require travel to
cover major events of significance to station’s audience.
NOTE: This job description contains the
basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list
of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****