News Producer #13264
Create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
• Develop and organize newscasts or local programs; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
• Works closely with news/local program managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
• Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
• Execute time sensitive decisions
• Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
• Perform desktop editing
• Posting content to station's Web sites
• Perform other duties as assigned and needed
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
• 2 - 3 years as a television writer or producer
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus
• Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
• Must have strong communication and organization skills
• Adaptable, self motivated and able to work in a face paced, deadline driven environment
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgement, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Understand and utilize Web analytics
• Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.