Associate Producer - WTVF #13263
The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in gathering, writing and editing content for daily programming.
• Works closely with Executive Producers and Producers to determine content needs
• Assists in the development of content for multiple platforms in AP and broadcast style
• Executes time sensitive decisions
• Writes clearly for multiple platforms
• Edits video for multiple platforms
• Posts content to station's websites
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• BS/BA in related field.
• Generally 0-2 years experience as a TV writer or producer in related field
Skills and Abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities, and news judgement.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a face paced environment.
• Proficiency in computer based editing, Final Cut Pro and basic computer skills including MS Office.
• Detail-oriented and able to work effectively under deadlines.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
• May work holidays, weekends, and nights if necessary.
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.