Executive Producer/Raleigh Newsroom Manager, WTVD-TV, Raleigh/Durham, NC:
WTVD/ABC 11 News, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to run our Raleigh newsroom. We are seeking an experienced Manager with superior news judgment and dynamic news producing experience. The Executive Producer manages daily newscasts and content in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy and have a track record of breaking news success stories. This person will excel by executing big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage. We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
College degree and five years previous management experience preferred.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Manage a busy face-paced newsroom
• Work with reporters in developing story-angles, graphics, unique broadcast and digital content
• Troubleshoot technical issues including equipment problems
• Point-person for anchors and production staff during newscasts in Raleigh
• Develop new and unique digital content for ABC11.com and social platforms
• Collaborate with digital team, including writing and posting digital stories
• Work with the Audience Development team on newscast promotion across all platforms.
• Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
• Copy edit scripts
• Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings
• Inspire Producers in the development of compelling newscast production and story-telling.
• Provide consistent feedback to Producers by setting goals and tracking progress
TO APPLY: Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER); create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
ABC11 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.