Job Title: Reporter/MMJ
Schedule: To be determined
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a full-time Reporter/MMJ.
Description of Duties:
• Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects.
• Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller.
• Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web.
• Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night.
• Must also contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts.
• Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line, mobile technology, and to social networking websites
• Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred.
• Knowledge of sports is a plus.
• Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
• Drug screen and MVR required.