Education Bachelor's Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location Nexstar - WFLA - Tampa, FL 33606 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
The Associate News Producer edits video and assists anchors, reporters and producers in newscast production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides support to personnel producing newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
• Assists with writing scripts and preparing news stories.
• Edits video.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Fluency in English.
• Experience in news story production.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Ability to learn specific equipment like ENPS and other broadcast equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Associate News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, Associate News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.