The Photographer is responsible for capturing the visuals of news stories and editing. Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media. This role will also include the operation of the station’s SNG and ENG trucks.
II. Essential Job Functions |
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
60% Function as staff photographer; shoots and edits video of daily general assignments and spot news stories.
15% Utilize existing technology to enhance story coverage.
15% Operate ENG and SNG Vehicles and related broadcast equipment.
10% Maintain related technical equipment in working order.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Minimum - High School diploma or GED required. Technical or vocational degree or two years of college preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience in television news photography preferably in a top 50 market, live ENG microwave truck operations and non-linear editing experience. NPPA Workshop and SNG Operations experience is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good working knowledge of digital broadcast systems operations and broadcast system interconnection.
• Operation of large vehicles and knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
• Possess good eye-hand coordination.
• Have a valid Driver’s License with excellent driving history. Must have good navigational skills.
• Able to work well under time constraints of news operation and be a good ambassador for the station at all times.
• Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment.
• Must be able to make decisions quickly and accurately while coping with stress, resulting from a variety of circumstances.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 80-90% local and/or regional travel