WTVF-TV, the Scripps owned CBS affiliate in Nashville, TN, is looking for top-notch, hands-on Producer/Director. If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you. We are looking for the best of the best!
Primary Purpose: Create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
• Directing NewsChannel 5+ live and taped programs
• Running audio, video, graphics and studio cameras
• Preparing graphics as needed
• Maintain all social media accounts and platforms
• Preparing the studio for a show (includes moving sets, setting up studio lights, microphones, cameras, etc.)
• Timing live and recorded programs
• Answering telephone and screening callers for live shows
• Editing video
• Greeting & assisting guests of NewsChannel 5+ programs
• Meeting multiple deadlines and dealing with high pressure situations
• Generating NewsChannel 5+ program topics and schedule guests as needed
• Coordinating with account executives to work with clients to coordinate/produce segments and program
• Assisting NewsChannel 5+ management in planning future events
• Performing duties in other areas, as needed
• College degree in mass communications preferred
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in television production
Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with control room equipment, studio cameras, videotape photography, editing, and graphics
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Solid understanding of, and interest in, current issues and events
• Experience with computer office systems and office software programs
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Willingness to work in a team-based environment
• Newsroom/Sales Department
• Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds without assistance
• Flexibility to work as needed within station hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
l. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.