Greater Minnesota Reporter and Producer
At Twin Cities PBS, we have a mission: to enrich lives and strengthen communities through the power of public media. So if you’re on a quest for impactful work and you strive to make a difference in our communities, we have a position that might be just right for you! TPT is seeking a Greater Minnesota Reporter and Producer responsible for producing, shooting, editing, and on-camera reporting of innovative stories for digital platforms. This position is a two-year grant funded initiative focused on telling stories from Greater Minnesota, stories currently under-reported in the Twin Cities market. Special attention will be paid to the changing demographics in Greater Minnesota and better ways to connect people across the state.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Research, write, produce and edit Greater Minnesota content for fast turnaround publishing to TPT’s multimedia platforms.
* Integrate images, audio, video, links to other resources and other content as appropriate.
* Research stories, pre-interview and schedule guests, write scripts, supervise production aspects of broadcasts – including graphics, editing, etc.
* Maintain extensive knowledge of Minnesota issues, events and news-makers across the state.
* Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all facets of work.
* Manages relationships with outside entities to insure that good relationships are maintained; services are delivered in a timely manner and integrated properly into the final project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Bachelor’s degree in broadcast or multimedia journalism.
* 3 or more years’ experience working directly digital journalism, including online publishing and
multimedia content creation, an interest in broadcast and print media, and an understanding of
editorial best practices.
* Knowledge of and strict adherence to high journalistic standards with skill in all facets of broadcast and multimedia production, including writing for broadcast and the web, copy-editing, photography and photo editing, and audio/visual production.
* Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
* Aural and visual acuity to capture and edit pictures/video/sound for non-broadcast platforms.
* Comfortable on-camera with previous experience.
* Demonstrated ability in using images, links, and graphics to create a “stand out” compelling story.
* Proven experience with small-format cameras, editing and multimedia publishing platforms.
* Strong editorial and ethical judgment.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Proficient with social media.
* Strong attention to detail when creating and reviewing content.
* Demonstrated ability to work productively and successfully with people from diverse backgrounds and identifying meaningful, impactful stories that represent under-served communities.
* Dynamic, thoughtful personality with proven experience facilitating conversations and town hall
* Able to consistently meet deadlines.
* Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud programs such as Photoshop and Premiere Experience
working within a CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
* Ability to work for sustained periods at computer work station.
* Must be available to work weekdays, some evenings and weekends as needed.
* Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
* Ability to safely lift and carry approximately 25lbs.
* Ability to recognize and respond quickly and professionally to any unexpected situations.
* Familiarity with Minnesota a plus.