Assignment Editor #13551
* Coordinate and dispatch news crews and coverage
* Answer newsroom phones and listen to scanners
* Write stories for television news broadcasts, internet, and social media.
* Gather story information over the phone and internet.
* Monitor and contribute to social media using the newsroom accounts
* Fill in for other newsroom positions, including associate producer.
* Basic knowledge of computers and television production techniques.
* Flexibility to work as needed within station hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
* Ability to work in a team-based environment.
* Professional appearance and behavior.
* Must be able to lift 30 pound boxes of paper.
* Bachelors degree in communications or related field.
* Internship or college related courses.
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer