Assignment Desk Manager #13572
The Assignment Manager is responsible for managing news assignments, coordinating logistics, monitoring news wires and scanners, and coordinating the assignment desk staff.
• Supervise the assignment desk
• Plan news coverage as directed by news management
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement
• Make calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information
• Find stories, conduct research and track story ideas in assignment desk computer with emphasis on key brand points
• Publishing of online content
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by news management
• Keep news managers and producers informed on progress of new stories
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in communications or in a related field
• Prior experience as assignment editor, assignment manager, or other related experience
Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, non-linear, and production techniques
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Understanding of the principles of responsible journalism
• Ability to work well with others in a team-based environment
• Ability to write effectively
• Work as needed
• Fast paced
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.