ABC15 in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for an IT Ops analyst to provide desktop support for local users to include servers, workstations, laptops, printers and copiers, perform hardware and software installs and operating system patching in a Windows and Mac environment as well as maintain voice, data and video system, including backup processes, imaging and documentation. Successful candidate will have experience with UNIX or LINUX and command line interface is required, read and understand simple custom scripts and must have strong troubleshooting skills. Additional duties include responding to technology requests and issues in a timely manner, provide support, advice and technical training to users, in the use of systems and technologies available on the network and gather feedback from end users regarding system performance. Expectations include notifying appropriate management when users or the organization is negatively impacted by voice, data or video system issues and recommend possible solutions, keeping current with technology development, trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance, researching and evaluating new technologies, making recommendations as required, providing 24/7 support in an on-call basis, willingness to attend training and learn other IT and broadcasting systems as well as performing other duties as needed and as directed by your supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience/Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field; or equivalent experience.
• 2-5 years of general IT experience.
• Experience in hardware and software support in a networked computer environment is required.
• Experience with system administration tools and processes.
• Experience with broadcast television technical equipment and systems.
• Experience with iNews, WSI, and VizRT equipment would be a plus.
• Experience with Promise SAN, FCP editing and fiber technology a plus.
• A familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Certificates in any of the above mentioned a plus.
• Ability to multi-task as necessary.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical materials.
• Ability to work in a team environment or work independently with moderate supervision.
• An ability to work with public and with other office personnel in person and by telephone in often stressful situations.
• Some moderate lifting up to 75 pounds may be required.
• Occasional weekend work may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer