Job Title Master Control - Technical Services
Education Technical Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location Nexstar - KLAS - Las Vegas, NV 89109 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage and maintain all broadcast equipment within the facility.
Maintain and monitor all inbound and outbound transport streams.
Install, support and maintain IT equipment and infrastructure.
Review and maintain system design documents and drawings.
Perform routine maintenance on all broadcast equipment.
Problem solving/troubleshooting to reduce equipment downtime and maximize system efficiency.
Develop audio/video and IT solutions that meet end users’ requirements.
Responsible for maintaining multiple servers/routers/hubs/switches/PC’s.
Generates analysis from concept to completion on projects assigned.
Interface with various users, technical services, technicians and other Engineers to implement, install and debug these systems.
Responsible for successful completion of new initiatives and operational projects. Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Updates and maintains signal control systems.
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it.
• Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system.
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made, and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
• Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.