Assistant, Executive Administrative
Nexstar - KLAS - Las Vegas, NV 89109 US (Primary)
Administrative / Clerical
KLAS-TV is seeking an Executive Assistant.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Provides administrative and clerical support to the Vice President/General Manager and other station personnel.
2. Creates and updates word processing/excel spreadsheet documentation.
3. Manages calendars and appointments.
4. Maintains files and records.
5. Composes correspondence and prepares documents for transmission and/or distribution.
6. Performs scanning, faxing and other document distribution services.
7. Serves as onsite Human Resources coordinator
8. Completes FCC reports in a timely manner
9. Process incoming invoices
10. Upload station contracts (vendor, personnel)
11. Coordinate travel plans
12. Oversee Receptionist position
13. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
14. The Administrative Assistant must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Administrative Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Administrative Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
15. Other duties as assigned
Work experience and education for position:
1. High School diploma required, College education or experience preferred
2. Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the broadcast industry.
3. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
4. Prefer experience in handling personnel matters and payroll systems
5. FCC reporting experience a plus
6. Previous Human Resources experience handling FMLA, Onboarding, Benefits, Payroll and general implementation of the employee handbook is preferred
7. Accounting experience preferred
8. Presentation capabilities
9. Strong organization and multi-project skills is a must
10. Software systems associated with HR, News, Sales
Special Skills Required:
1. Fluency in English.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
3. MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer